Game / Server Forums > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

New computer options

(1/4) > >>

HSantal:
Looking at 2 different Dell machines.

1) https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/desktops/new-dell-g5-gaming-desktop/spd/g-series-5090-desktop/di5090_sb_h11e?configurationid=356d218e-538d-4116-80c6-46c76a1eb44d

2) https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/desktops/xps-special-edition-desktop/spd/xps-8930-desktop/dxps8930se_fsb_h18e?configurationid=ad95ec7e-e884-4340-9d0f-60e763e0d8e1

Thoughts?

zebra:
I'd say if the wallet permits it, neither of those would be a bad rig to buy; though you might be paying a slight premium - granted most cases like this you get some decent insurance for cheap to come along with it which could be helpful in the long run. You never know when you might get a DOA/Short Term part that just happens to crap out after a week. Thankfully that's never happened to me outright.

The only other thing I can tell you is I'd maybe even consider looking into some top-of-the-line AMD builds.

The most recent CPU, and GFX parts they've released are averaging better, and even in a lot of cases; beating Intel/Nvidia. Specifically the CPU (AMD's Ryzen 9 3900X) beats Intels newest lineup in Single, and Multi-Core performances.

I'm not as keen on the info with AMD's new GFX vs. Nvidia but, I know for sure AMD has pulled at least an ~80% lead in performance tests.

My current build is:
Ryzen 7 2700X (Paired with the X470 MOBO Socket [ASRock board name that slips my mind])
Nvidia GTX 1070 SC
16GB 3000Mhz RAM
250GB M.2 SSD
1TB 7200 RPM HDD

I went with Nvidia for graphics, purely because AMD simply hadn't caught up yet, and still hadn't until about a year into owning this build.
Everything else had AMD in mind; with hopes that Team Red would pull ahead. And they have lol.

Hope this helps a little with decision making.

HSantal:
The wallet permits.  :)
2 Years Hardware Service with Onsite/In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis for the XPS and 1 year for the G5. 2 years is and extra $40
Probably good enough as shit usually happens sooner rather than later.

These are easier to get. I just have to log in and click Add to cart.  :)
The second one has a bit better graphics card. And it looks cooler.  :)

Thanks for the input.

psilocybin:
my saltier younger years would have picked it apart, but both seem just fine for what you do brother

you will be very happy with either

ssd will have a major "holy shite" wow factor if you don't already have one

ram passed 16 is a wash

enjoy:)

..............i did indulge in buying a 240hz monitor...........next to a ssd..........it was the second best purchase:)

HSantal:
You're probably right but I'd like to future proof a little. I am thinking of using my camera more now that I have time and possibly video so that eding software doesn't complain.  :-)
A newer monitor is also in the cards for those.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version