General Forums > Hardware, Software and Networking

<< < (3/3)

zebra:

--- Quote from: OptimusPrime on February 17, 2018, 02:32:28 PM ---Did the software ask you to resize the image at all? I haven't tried uploading a custom avatar. All I remember setting up is a max upload per image size in kilobytes, not size. All the avatars I put into the forum to choose from should be 150x150 or smaller.  Yours displays at nnn x 150 right now, so it either gets scaled in the CSS or it was resized once assigned as avatar. Not sure if this board comes with the necessary code to do that.

--- End quote ---

It didn't ask to resize - but trying to upload the original photo file, cropped once before upload; gave me something along the lines of "The File Size is too large" (< not verbatim, but similar) so you're definitely correct on kb file size limit.
I cropped once more, and for some reason would upload flipped to the right..
Gave it another crop on a resizing website, saved the file.. still same issue. Only after I'd went back and cropped the original once more to as small as I could get it with Windows (without cropping my face or the brew out) and seemed to have worked. When I get home I can check the exact dimensions for you. But It's definitely not 150x150 - so there seems to be *some* resizing going on with the CSS, just maybe not executed correctly/fully?

--- Quote from: OptimusPrime on February 17, 2018, 02:32:28 PM ---Meanwhile, we are about to move to a new hosting setup with different features, and there's a good chance we'll be down for a few hours to a few days when that happens. Should all be done before March 4

--- End quote ---

Awesome! Hope the features to come will improve our ability to build this place back up. I would definitely not mind seeing some old, or even new faces. Maybe in time, I'm sure. Although, I know all of you old folk are quite busy, usually. :P

HSantal:

--- Quote from: zebra on February 17, 2018, 05:33:27 PM ---Awesome! Hope the features to come will improve our ability to build this place back up. I would definitely not mind seeing some old, or even new faces. Maybe in time, I'm sure. Although, I know all of you old folk are quite busy, usually. :P

--- End quote ---
I see what you did there.  ;D

zebra:

--- Quote from: HSantal on February 18, 2018, 10:52:46 PM ---I see what you did there.  ;D

--- End quote ---

I try.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version