Author Topic: -=Brigand=-  (Read 8317 times)

-=Brigand=-

-=Brigand=-
« on: April 18, 2018, 09:36:20 AM »
Hello,

Knock knock, .. there is someone here ?? :)

I leave just a little message here, to be seen
I sent a small MP to the admins, a mini presentation and also with some small questions about GRAW
I also spent quickly on your TS, but .. there is nobody

cordialy

HSantal

• Administrator
Re: -=Brigand=-
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:30:09 PM »
-=Brigand=-

Yes there is somebody here.
TS during the day will probably be empty. We usually play from about 10:30 PM EST until 1 or 1:30 AM EST
The mod we use is in the GRAW forum with instructions on how to install it..
Sorry I didn't reply to you sooner.
I do what I can.

If a man, standing in the forest says something, and his wife isn't there to correct him, is he still wrong??

-=Brigand=-

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »
no problems

Could I have the password for access to Hamachi by mp,

thank you

-=Brigand=-

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:16:21 PM »
That's it, the mod Bretzzie is installed in a second folder "GRAW 1 - Brettzies"

I have the place so I prefer to keep an original installation on one side,.. and a modded version well separated ;)

HSantal

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 09:32:11 PM »
It's actually a modification of that called Fishmod.
It's in this forum thread.
http://thegamerplanet.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0
I do what I can.

If a man, standing in the forest says something, and his wife isn't there to correct him, is he still wrong??

-=Brigand=-

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 04:12:42 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I had been to see this place of the Forum  ;)

I Tested in a mission, and it seems functional,
of course I adapt the case to my language, here it is the folder "..\local\French"

- I edited the file "context.xml" at the root of the game,
replacing the occurrence "French" with "bp_weapons_pack_v6.0"

Personally I did this in the "..\local\" folder :

- A backup (an archive) of the folder "French" or "that of your language".

- renamed the folder "French" or "your language" to "bp_weapons_pack_v6.0".

- Unzipped the archive "fishmod_01-27-2016.zip", this adds and overwrites the contents in the existing "bp_weapons_pack_v6.0" folder.

- Optionally, we can unzip the original archive "French" or "that of your language".

Maybe I complicated the procedure, ...
but I keep my language in the interface of the game  ;)

As I said, I do not have a space problem on the HDD Games

so I also chose to duplicate my GRAW1 folder
to separate the original game from the modified game,

I did that :

x:\GAMES\GRAW 1

x:\GAMES\GRAW 1 - Brettzies      (x:\GAMES\GRAW 1 - Brettzies\Local\bp_weapons_pack_v6.0\)

because I think that if some server vanilla activating the anti-cheat,
this will be a problem to join ?!

a shortcut, a small script or batch should perhaps solve that ??

Cordialy

Fishmonger

• Cantina Regulars
  • Mapmaker in training
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 07:44:22 AM »
" Unzipped the archive "fishmod_01-27-2016.zip", this adds and overwrites the contents in the existing "bp_weapons_pack_v6.0" folder."

that is bad news.

just because it has the same name doesn't mean you can do that. The only reason we kept that folder name was to make it easier for folks to swap the mods from original B mod to my version. They have very little in common, plus there is a LOT of junk in the BP mod you don't want in your game.

Please delete the content of that folder and replace with only the fishmod folder. Putting it into what used to be /French is fine. Doesn't really matter, as the context.xml points at the renamed folder /bp_weapons_pack_v6.0 just like all the other players and the server use.

I am sure you can run the BP mod with my version copied over the top, but it is likely to cause some strange things like invisible weapons for us when you pick something that was eliminated from the bloated BP mod. There are many weapons in that mod that are totally useless, so we just got rid of them.

The server will accept any player with any mod - we don't run the anti-cheat check, as it causes the game to studder and run real poorly. So what happens when incompatible mods show up in the game is unpredictable. Many times the server will just crash, other times, depending on what is different from our official mod, it will run fine, and we'll only notice that somebody was cheating when they throw their 12th frag grenade :D

Don't eat food off the sidewalk, no matter how good it looks.

-=Brigand=-

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 09:55:38 AM »
Hi Fishmonger

Not easy for me to express myself correctly or with the translator or both ^^
see also to correctly translate your good explanations

When I talk about the existing folder "bp_weapons_pack_v6.0" in fact it's my old folder "French" original, that I rename to "bp_weapons_pack_v6.0" which explains that

So you confirm that this is not the right way to decompress your archive and overwrite everything as explained above.

So, I'm just going to delete the contents of the "..\local \"bp_weapons_pack_v6.0 "folder and uncompress your archive in the" ..\local\"folder

I just tested, and I lose the language FR in the interface of the game (this does not prevent to play)
now my folder "bp_weapons_pack_v6.0" is smaller, it goes from 182 Mo to 62 Mo

having said that, I have not seen a blatant change with the previous way of installing
you have to see in multiplayers ...

I hope I have expressed myself well ;)

Thank you for your explanations,
and also a big thank you for your work and your missions which are very appreciated
I played a lot with your missions

Cordialy

Brigand & .. Google Translator

Fishmonger

• Cantina Regulars
  • Mapmaker in training
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 10:24:59 PM »
It sounded like you installed my mod on top of the actual Brettzies v6.0

If your folder is now smaller than before, that means you probably did it right. The fishmod installation has 635 files in it and counts 65.1MB (68,275,314 bytes) when you get properties for the folder it is installed in.

There are video files and other pieces I left out, such as the custom uniforms in the brettzies mod.

There are files in your original French folder that possibly can be retained and added to the mod, but that will require some unique customizations. We don't have anything in these folders in the US, they are all empty. Otherwise, I could probably make a custom version of the mod and combine that with whatever is in your French folder.

It sounds like you are ready to go

-=Brigand=-

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 02:38:03 AM »
This seems ok in order

Folder property = 65.1 Mo and 635 files

I will try first with this method and another time with mine,
and see if there is disturbance or not ;)

Fishmonger

• Cantina Regulars
  • Mapmaker in training
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 10:23:05 PM »
I saw you were on the server after everyone left yesterday. Redemption isn't a fun map even with a group of 3 or 4, so your experience there was probably what we all would do.

Then I saw your result for solo high wire act - and that's quite impressive! Posting it here for the others to get an idea of what you are capable of.  H has to look out for a possible marksman competitor, because 99 bullets for 42 kills usually only one of us achieves. Good percentage  8)

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<xml>
<statistics version="1.2" date="2018-04-26 02:48">
<match map="high_wire_act" round="1" num_rounds="3" kills="42"/>
<marksman>
<player name="-=Brigand=-" side="US" team="Bravo" leader="true" score="0" kills="0" deaths="1" gametype_score="0" match_score="0" lethal_shots="39" shots_hit="43" bullets_fired="99" grenade_kills="1" grenades_thrown="1"/>
</marksman>
<demolition>
<player name="-=Brigand=-" side="US" team="Bravo" leader="true" score="0" kills="0" deaths="1" gametype_score="0" match_score="0" lethal_shots="39" shots_hit="43" bullets_fired="99" grenade_kills="1" grenades_thrown="1"/>
</demolition>
<ranking>
</ranking>
</statistics>
</xml>

HSantal

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »
That is impressive.
I like a good competition.
:)
I do what I can.

-=Brigand=-

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 07:28:10 AM »
Hello,

Oopss, I was not here anymore, to answer and react ... it's almost time.

In fact, in the meantime you have already seen me played, and .. it must not be so impressive :)
compared with the stat displayed in the post of Fishmonger, in general my movements in play are slower

Very often I adjust my weapon in a single shot mode, which helps with accuracy and therefore I waste less, at my own risk (which explains that).
When I see or hear a little more movement, then only I switch to automatic mode,
(small aside: what I have already vallu a lot of crash in Graw 2, simply by switching the pull mode, .. Bug).

Normally my favorite position in the game is crouched (80-90%) this is beneficial but can be as penalizing,
yes it is my quick detected, but the movement is too slow to quickly clear bad situations ..

By standing what is a normal position, it also changes the behavior of the AIs, in addition if you run in a standing position, then you become
the priority target of AI with a big virtual red flag above the head, marked in large on "hello I am here" and bullets rain

Often used crouched position, is probably seen by some as a solution of hiding, but it can save your life more than once,
I like to move quietly and slowly, too bad for the time lengthened in the game

Almost at the very beginning of its release when I started playing the game, I kept getting kill kill kill
and I persisted again and again to run everywhere in all directions, with results you imagined well ...
(because before I played a lot of games FPS nervous ..., which is not not compatible in Ghost, personal review)

I do not like too much rush and games too nervous, so I finally found my account in games like GR, GRAW, ... and progress at my pace.

So now that I spend sometimes play with you, well, how to say that ... "I do not feel really normal anymore" haha, ;D
because you are 90% of the time still standing quietly,so I try to do as you do, and I stay a little more in full auto fire

When you have your day behind you and play late, so you are tired too, 00:00-01:30 AM,
at home it's the opposite the day starts only, and exceptionally recently I get up to 05: 00 AM to come join you,
I'm going to sleep + - / like you, so the night here are very short, it's not ideal
and at stake I'm still like a Zombie not very fresh  :-[, I feel awake +/- from 08-09 AM, but that does not mean that the stats should explode lol

It's a pity that there is this big time gap between us, besides today ... I have not heard the alarm clock,

I really like to play with you at GRAW, and we are recent although the group is consistent.

I was surprised the very first time, when I connected to your server, configured on 1 death, I'm not used to this setting,
but I think it adds more pressure, and requires the player to have some conduct, the game may be too short in game for some,
and longer for others by viewing the "dead cam" :p

although I can not talk to you about TS (I could have tried listening but I'm afraid for the dialogue ....),
it's true it could be a big plus in game,
but hey it's like that and despite that I remain attentive and I always remain close to the group, (it is the goal of the game in coop)

here you go for the little extra info, Good luck in game to you, and see you soon

Brigand & .. Transaltor