Author Topic: mail testing successful today  (Read 4506 times)

OptimusPrime

• Administrator
  • Top Dog
mail testing successful today
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:33:48 PM »
well, after disabling the old forum completely and nuking all the unused and  possibly spammer-compromised mailboxes of the old account, I was able to run a successful normal PHP mail test. Now testing member registration mail to see if that also works.

If it does, we can probably go live with the forum, then worry about moving it to another hosting setup.

OptimusPrime

• Administrator
  • Top Dog
Re: mail testing successful today
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »
oh yeah, it finally is doing what it is supposed to do!

email received by new user - they have to click the link to activate (or admin has to do it manually, should we run into more mail issues)

This is the message sent out - I think there is a template we could modify, but for now this is nice and generic enough, pretty much what people expect

OptimusPrime

• Administrator
  • Top Dog
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 12:44:46 PM »
looking at this, I need to change the email that is in this message. Right now it is pulling the admin email from the admin account I created. I need to change that to a thegamerplanet.com mailbox.

focusman

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 06:07:14 PM »
new test user success, but on Gmail I had to go into my spam folder to find the authentication email... crap. HAs to do with Godaddy running an SMTP server on a different domain than the sending email domain. Not sure how big of a deal that is, but my previous test, sent to my work account on MS Exchange never even made it to my spam folder, probably got axed on the mail system.

This sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I think for now, we'll just let people register and get immediate access. If problems get too frequent. we can always change it.