Author Topic: Hamachi Client Info  (Read 6412 times)

Fishmonger

• Cantina Regulars
  • Mapmaker in training
Hamachi Client Info
« on: January 26, 2018, 05:48:36 PM »
Update 3-15-2015- Hamachi changed to Mesh setup so anyone can host. However, I had to delete the old network to create this one, so the Network ID has changed and you need to join the new one:

288-212-116
pw is the same as for mod monday

Hamachi download (free and unmanaged client) from here - get the client here

https://www.vpn.net/

Then you run the installer. When done, open it up and go to the

SYSTEM -> Preferences menu and change a few  things under the Settings button:

• turn off all interface check boxes (splash screen, hide offline members, enable chat)
  • change the Encryption to ANY (because I turned it off on the host - it's probably faster that way)
after you click OK, go and hit the blue power on button and log in to our Hamachi Network.

If the server is up and running, you will see one of the clients named "TGP OGR SERVER" - you just fire up your game and go to LAN game and you should see a server as if you were on the same LAN.

Again, use the good old Mod Monday idwic to get into the network wtih the ID number listed above, but I may  be changing that to one that isn't publicly posted to add some vague security to the thing should we run this on a permanent basis.

I read in some forum thread at some point that this hamachi client  wasn't free any longer. That is not the case. The Network as we use it costs me $50 per year, but the client is free.

Don't eat food off the sidewalk, no matter how good it looks.

Godobeyer

Re: Hamachi Client Info
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 08:03:32 PM »
Update 3-15-2015- Hamachi changed to Mesh setup so anyone can host. However, I had to delete the old network to create this one, so the Network ID has changed and you need to join the new one:

288-212-116
pw is the same as for mod monday

Hamachi download (free and unmanaged client) from here - get the client here

https://www.vpn.net/

Hi Mr Fishmonger .

can I get pw by pm please ?

Then you run the installer. When done, open it up and go to the

SYSTEM -> Preferences menu and change a few  things under the Settings button:

• turn off all interface check boxes (splash screen, hide offline members, enable chat)
  • change the Encryption to ANY (because I turned it off on the host - it's probably faster that way)
after you click OK, go and hit the blue power on button and log in to our Hamachi Network.

If the server is up and running, you will see one of the clients named "TGP OGR SERVER" - you just fire up your game and go to LAN game and you should see a server as if you were on the same LAN.

Again, use the good old Mod Monday idwic to get into the network wtih the ID number listed above, but I may  be changing that to one that isn't publicly posted to add some vague security to the thing should we run this on a permanent basis.

I read in some forum thread at some point that this hamachi client  wasn't free any longer. That is not the case. The Network as we use it costs me $50 per year, but the client is free.

OptimusPrime

• Administrator
  • Top Dog
Re: Hamachi Client Info
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 11:46:10 PM »
somehow I don't feel like handing out Hamachi access to an IP number from "Telecom Algeria"  - not only do we have no idea who you are, you also are in a time zone we don't run the server at. Pretty much pointless, unless you have something else in mind. Hard to tell from a reply that provides zero information about your intent.